Thursday, February 24, 2011

Magic?

While wandering through the grocery store yesterday I found a magic cutting board.  How did I know it possessed special powers?  It said so right on the package and we all know an advertiser would not lie about such a serious matter.  I bought two.  Imagine my surprise when I got it home and realized it did not work as Harry Potter style wand, clean my vast mountain of dishes OR even magically cut up my veggies.  Then I saw it, on the back of the packaging it said Magic non slip grip backing. Someone had too many glasses of wine and played fast and loose with the term "magic".  The days when non skid backing was considered anything but mundane have long since passed.  At least my new mundane magical cutting boards have serene pictures that make me feel as if I am chopping near a vineyard in the countryside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment