Friday, July 27, 2012

Deceiving Recipes

I am what you might call a head over heels new recipe junkie.  Always on the look out for that perfect new recipe.  You know the one that is fabulously healthy and tastes like it isn't.  It takes 3 simple ingredients but used in this new spectacular combination my taste buds sing with joy.  On top of all this, it only takes 6 minutes to prepare!  Okay I maybe have never come across anything like this and if I were to create such a dish I would be loved by all mothers for years to come.  I have tried many, MANY new recipes over the years.  Some amazing and some that make me wonder if I will ever be able to get that revolting taste out of my mouth. 

During this quest I have sought out many resources but none as worthless as pinterest.  Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoying pinning the night away as much as the next person but I am finding that most of the recipes are being over-sold, and that is putting it nicely.  I am not sure why this is.  At first, I believed the descriptions.  Maybe I had faith that others wouldn't exaggerate on something as significant as a recipe.  Maybe prior to this pinterest recipe they had only eaten fast food tacos.  Maybe others don't take it as seriously as myself.  Who knows.  What I do know is that if I had a dollar for every mediocre recipe I have tried on that site that was described as "THE BEST such and such I have EVER tasted" I could....well....probably buy a fancy coffee but you get my point.  From here on out there will be a much more rigid standard by which I choose a new recipe from pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment