Thursday, September 27, 2012

Girl Time

We are coming up on my favorite time of year.  A time I look forward to from the moment it is over until it arrives a full year later.  It isn't an official holiday or season.  It isn't my massive annual payout from my trustfund, though it might move to the top of my favorite lists if I had one.  It is girls weekend.  Every year for the past 6 years I have gone away one weekend in the fall with some friends from college and it is spectacular.  We window shop and talk until we drop.  We follow that by coffee and talking.  Then dinner and more talking.  Then back to our hotel to stay up late and talk.  Then a nice long walk around a lake somewhere and more talking.  We can talk and never run out of things to discuss!  I am blessed with many amazing friends in my life but this particular uninterupted weekend of relaxation and connecting is really the best time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment