Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Avacado Pasta

I LOVE this pasta.  Not only is it healthy, it tastes amazing AND it is simple!  I found the original recipe over on Oh How She Glows blog, which is an excellent blog for anyone looking for great vegetarian or whole food recipes.  I have several from her site that I make regularly.  I made a couple changes to the original, but which recipe don't I change? 

2-3 ripe avacados
1 lemon juiced
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 tsp onion powder
1/2 to 1tsp salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Cup fresh basil, MUST be fresh
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2-3 diced tomatoes
12 oz of your favorite pasta, I usually use spagetti noodles

Cook noodles as package directs.  Put garlic, lemon juice, and EVOO into food processor and process until smooth.  Add in seasonings, fresh basil and pitted avacados and process again until smooth and creamy.  Stir in the diced tomatoes at the end, don't food process them.  Toss over your pasta when it is finished cooking.  You don't even heat up the sauce which makes this a super quick meal you can make in the time your pasta cooks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment