Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Cleaning Nightmare

We are involved in a coop for the next few weeks with some homeschoolers from our area.  It is great fun.  Each week is a different topic and we break the kids up by ages and teach different groups each week.  This upcoming Fridays topic is science.  We are doing all kinds of experiments and I volunteered to have it at our home.  That was a big mistake.  Not because I don't like having people over, because I do very much.  The problem is I wasn't thinking.  We need to use our entire house and our garage for all these people.  This means I have to have the entire house AND the garage clean by Friday.  I have never, in all the years we have lived here, had my entire house clean at the same time much less the garage on top of that.  This means I am in for a nightmare week of trying to keep my kids from messing up what I have finished. 

I decided to start in our basement since that is an area that isn't used much and won't be challenging to keep clean.  The problem is I only make it down there to clean about once a year and it is scary dirty.  I spent all day cleaning it yesterday and just ended up angry because it is not clean yet.  I decided I must just move on to another area now.  Next up is our bedroom and bathroom.  That is another area that I don't get to often.  I am sure you are wondering what I do clean.  I find it is better if you don't ask such questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment