Monday, April 26, 2010

Day two in paradise



Today has been much better than yesterday. I seem to be adjusting to the lack of soda, sweets and white flower as well as could be expected. That is more than my poor family. My husband left work early to come home and sleep. My poor daughter has embarked on a hunger strike that does not appear to be ending any time soon. She wanders the house crying out for "cookies...cookies...cookies" in her most pathetic voice. My son eats two bites of every meal and tells me he is ready for dessert. I keep telling myself that we will all adjust eventually. Tomorrow should be much better. On top of all this healthy eating, Carrie forced me to go for a walk this evening. I wheezed for a good 20 minutes when we got back. She tells me we have to go again tomorrow...

We had some delicious meals today. One of the side dishes is pictured above, Mediteranean Veggies. I also made a Feta Tomato Spinach stuffed Chicken and a carrot salad for supper. Carrie made an amazing Minestrone for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment