Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Strange Happenings

As many of my friends may know, I have a serious aversion to all foods healthy. I always choose the most unhealthy, high fat option available to me. I have some ideas as to why this happens, but I am not positive. That has always hindered me in making real changes. Something very strange happened to me today. I was eating a chicken soup that was very good and I started thinking about how excited I was for soup again tomorrow! Don't get me wrong, I like soup, but have never in my life craved a broth soup. I like creamy soups, likely because they are worse for me. Maybe I am rounding the corner where I will start to crave healthier food. I pray that is the case. Still the most difficult part is turning out to be portion control. It is an area I need to overcome if I want to continue being successful in my new way of eating.

Living with Carrie and her family has been great. She is very tolerant of all of my complaining. She forces me to walk with her and doesn't even throw me into the lake after I complained the entire way. She is also the gourmet of the two of us. She spends hours putting together the most amazing meals, while mine are all under an hour in prep so I can return to my sedentary lifestyle as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment