Friday, April 30, 2010

And one more...

Okay I know I have a lot of updates in 1 day, that means I either have many thoughts or too much free time. I am thinking today about how glad I am we are doing this. I am making and trying so many foods that I would never have even considered before. It is intimidating to go through the store looking for foods I have never heard of to make dish combinations I couldn't comprehend putting together, but it has been very rewarding. They aren't nearly as scary when you start doing them, taking them one step at a time. We have been lucky and haven't had any big flops yet, but tomorrow may take care of that. I am trying my hand at Borcht and for those that do not know, it is a beet soup. I have mixed feelings about beets. I have never craved a beet. A bite is fine, but I am not sure about an entire soup of them. Carrie is having fantasies that we will fall in love with it and the soup will be warmly remembered by our children and the recipe handed down for generations to come. I am bit more skeptical.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are doing fantastic! It is inspiring to watch how steady your determination is. Congratulations on all the healthy choices you are making! The food photos are beautiful and delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete