Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In The Beginning

What started as a late night conversation between Carrie (my aunt/cousin) and I about why we can't seem to make real changes in our diet, now seems to be taking shape into something more concrete. I have been reading about our culture and its relationship to food for quite some time now. The basic idea that we eat too much processed and not enough real food, has taken hold in my mind. The problem is the cravings for blue cheese burgers and french fries with ranch have a stronghold in my heart.

We will soon embark on a great experiment. Carrie and her family will be living with us for 8 days to attempt to make a real change in our diets. We are currently working our way through a stack of whole food cookbooks in preparation of the big day, which will begin in 2 weeks. I have heard if you eat this way, you actually change your tastes and cravings. I must admit that while I sip my ice cold coke and stare at a recipe for Luscious Beet Salad with Toasted Pumpkin seeds, I feel a twinge of doubt.

1 comment: